Explore the historical, cultural and natural sites of the Freedom’s Way National Heritage Area during Hidden Treasures, a month-long celebration of the people, places and stories that make the region special.
Hidden Treasures provides an opportunity for the public to experience a variety of guided walks, historical tours and presentations, paddles and other adventures for all ages and interests in each of the 45 cities and towns located within the 994-square-miles of the Heritage Area. It is a month-long celebration of the people, places and stories that make the region special.
With all Programs offered free of charge, Hidden Treasures is an invitation to discover something new and an opportunity to find your place in the Heritage Area.
Hidden Treasure Program Overview
- A month-long series of free events showcasing the historical, natural and cultural sites of the Freedom’s Way National Heritage Area
- To be held the entire month of May.
- Event Submission will be open between December 4, 2017 – April 20, 2018.
- Submit your event online on our dedicated website discoverhiddentreasures.org.
- NEW interactive photo contest! Learn more...
- One $250 stipend is available to each nonprofit on a 1:1 reimbursable basis.
- Assistance with publicity and signage in addition to event promotion.
- Deadline to submit your event is March 1, 2018 to be included on our print material.
- Deadline to submit your event to be included online is April 20, 2018.
Last year was a great success offering more than 150 programs in 39 communities, raising the visibility of the Heritage Area. This year we aim to offer something in every community while doubling our impact. Please help us meet our goal to promote your treasure across the 994-square-mile Freedom’s Way region, home to over 750,000 people.